Our mission is to inspire leaders and help teams perform so that millions of people have a better experience at work.
Great leaders support their people, and great teams support each other. Sounds simple right? Well, with the SupportingLines™ framework, it actually is. According to Gallup, 85% of the world’s working population is disengaged in their work. In order to solve this global, societal problem, we need to radically change in the way we lead. When leaders support their teams and teams support each other, the results are amazing.
We work with purpose
- We believe we are on a mission.
- We hold ourselves capable of greatness.
- We encourage others to join our quest.
We are generous
- We donate our time, capabilities and resources to support our community.
- We make our offerings accessible.
We empower others
- We empower our clients, collaborators and colleagues.
- We encourage people and offer our support.
- We recognize the contributions of others.
We are mindful of our actions
- We are conscious of our intent.
- We are present with and consider the impact we have on others.
- We communicate clearly, directly and transparently.
We pursue mastery
- We deliver the full scope of our role.
- We embrace feedback and opportunities to grow.
- We constantly look for ways to initiate and iterate.
Our partnerships with community programs create the necessary conditions for engagement and support youth leadership initiatives. We will publish more on this in the future.
Conditions for engagement
It is hard to think about being engaged at work when your family is not safe or does not have enough to eat. Once these fundamental needs are met, people shift their focus to personal development and advancing their career.
Youth leadership initiatives raise future generations to see the true test of leadership as “did people grow?” We want our youth to understand that organizations have the ability to profoundly benefit the world, not just generate revenue.
If you would like to support our efforts, please donate today.
We are committed to pursuing our B Corp certification in 2020. When we established SupportingLines, we created a social enterprise with the required articles of incorporation for a Canadian benefit corporation. The next step is to complete the B Corp certification process.
“Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.”
– B LAB
The SupportingLines Institute has committed to the Pledge 1% program. We will be pledging 1% of our equity, employee time and revenue. The 1% revenue pledge is significant as most companies pledge 1% of their bottom line, not their top line. All contributions will benefit the SupportingLines Foundation and its partner charities.